Sunday, June 12, 2011

Whew, What a weekend!

Life has gotten a little crazy around our home the past few days!  I had a comment on my blog or facebook saying hopefully my next post would be a positive one (mainly for Carsyn's sake) . . . SO, I will post the positive first! In two days, he gained 4 oz so I was SUPER happy about that, however, Cris had also just given him 2 oz of formula just before he was weighed and I didn't get to talk to the doctor about my concerns as I was in SURGERY!

UGH, yes, you read that right.  On Thursday night I ate ONE chicken enchilada.  No big deal.  It was even a pretty healthy version with some black beans, corn, etc.  My gallbladder decided to go on the fritz!  It started with a pain just under my ribs but the pain continually got worse and then seemed to encompase my ENTIRE back.  I had had problems with my gallbladder before but nothing this bad.  I ended up throwing up that entire night.  It was the saddest thing.  I was nursing Carsyn and felt the urge to throw up so I ran from the living room, to my bedroom, handed him over to a sleeping Cris who had NO idea what was going on and spent the next 6 hours or so in the bathroom. 

I try to stay strong and be like a man and not go to the doctor but the pain wasn't going away.  I decided I would just go to the instacare while Cris stayed home with the kids.  I figured they'd give me some meds and then I'd be on my way and Cris could get to work. NOT SO, the doctor didn't even flatter me, she said "people that look as bad as you, we don't even treat them, we just send them to the ER".  And so, off I went to the ER with Cris stuck at home, no car or car seats for Cayten or Rysa . . .

I spent a few hours in the ER with some really nice drugs and then at 3:00PM on Friday I had my gallbladderectomy!  That is not the right term, I know, but when the doctors asked me if I knew what they were going to do, I said you are going to do a gallbladderectomy and they said "pretty much"!  My mom was able to come over and get Cayten and Rysa and bring Cris and Carsyn to the ER with me.

I was able to come home Saturday morning and am ordered to take it easy.  No Mowing the lawn, major cleaning, or lifting for 2-3 weeks.  That will put me 6 weeks post partum and then I will be able to get back into the real world.  Surgery kinda sucks.  I think having my baby without an epidural is better than having surgery.  With surgery, you are left hurting, after delivery I felt WONDERFUL.  Here's to hoping we are fully on the mend now!

Thank you for all the concerns and get well wishes on Facebook and through phone calls, they are very much appreciated!

I came home o

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear this. This actually just happened to my friend, too. She had a baby, her 3rd, then only a couple weeks later had to have her gall bladder removed. She also had to have a non-epidural birth kind of by accident, not wanting to. Maybe you and her should get together just to chat and support each other emotionally. :) I hope you're doing okay.

Swidget 1.0

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map