Wednesday, March 9, 2011

It's been a while again!

Facebook has KILLED my blogging.  It is so much easier to post photos there and quick updates rather than a full post but I want to print my blog into a book one day as my journal so I better keep it up better!

A lot has happened since my last "REAL" post but at the same time, not so much!  We are in the process of packing and getting ready for our FIRST family vacation.  We are headed to San Diego soon and are SO EXCITED.  We will be going to Legoland and a bunch of beaches as we get out of Sprinter (spring/winter) here in Cache Valley.

Rysa turned 3 on February 23, 2011.  I can't believe how fast time flies, and I can't believe in about 10 weeks, we are going from completely independent children to adding a completely dependent child.  It will definitely be a change!

Rysa wanted pink cupcakes and this is what I came up with!



I had a REALLY hard time deciding what to get Rysa for her B-day.  Both Grandma's gave her a loot of stuff and all the toys for her age seemed so cheap and not fun.  (I am 100% anti-barbie) so I had the idea of making her a princess/super hero cape.  This was a sanity breaker for me because her and Cayten fought over his Superman cape CONSTANTLY!  I LOVE how it turned out!

The weather has been CRAZY here lately.  January held very little snow and February we got DUMPED on.  Normally we get dumped on in January and everything thaws out for February.  Mid February we were able to go to the park for ONE day and then we got slammed with another foot of snow that still hasn't melted!  (hopefully by the time I get back from our Vaycay!

Here are a few photos of us digging out of the storm! (or maybe more than a few, they're just too cute, how do you narrow it down!)

This is called a Sun Dog . . . you learn something new every day!  It was REALLY bright!

Rysa made up a song to go with the next photos . . . it went something like this "When it's cold, you put the snow, in your gloves" and then she proceeded to eat the snow out of her gloves like ice cream!


And of course, you can't end a snow day without a snowball fight!


1 comment:

Braydan and Jessica said...

Those cupcakes looks so fancy! Good job! I can't believe she's 3! WE're going to Legoland too this year, but not until Oct. :) You'll have to post all about it and tell us if it's worth it :) And I can't believe all the snow! Crazy.

Swidget 1.0

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map